What to Know If You Are Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident
Slip and fall accidents result in countless serious injuries each year. In fact, more than 6.8 million people were admitted to emergency rooms due to fall-related injuries in 2020. Many of these accidents are the result of negligence. When a property owner fails to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition resulting in your harm, you may be entitled to compensation. To determine whether you have a valid claim for damages, you need to speak to an attorney.
At Ranz Injury Law, PLLC, we know the financial and physical hardship that a slip and fall accident can take on a person and their family. Our lawyers will help you obtain compensation for your injuries if you were hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or have a premises liability case. If you are injured in a slip and fall accident in Washington, contact our office at (206) 429-5227 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Leading Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents in Washington
In order to obtain compensation for your injuries after a slip and fall accident, you need to know who or what caused the accident. A slip and fall lawyer can help determine what caused the accident and who can be held liable.
The top 6 most common causes of slip and fall accidents include:
- Slippery floors - Wet, slippery floors are a common culprit in slip and fall accidents. At stores and restaurants, spilled food and liquids can cause irreparable harm if they are not cleared quickly. Dangerous conditions can also be caused by recently mopped floors and environmental conditions such as uncleared snow and ice.
- Loose floorboards or carpeting - When a property owner does not properly secure floorboards or carpeting, it can create a devastating hazard for customers, employees, and other guests. Loose floorboards or torn rugs frequently cause slips, trips, and falls.
- Uneven surfaces - Uneven surfaces may also be the underlying cause of slip and fall accidents. Property owners, government entities, and other parties may all be liable if they fail to remedy uneven surfaces that could cause harm.
- Poor lighting - Business owners and other property managers should keep their premises adequately lit in order to ensure the safety of their guests and invited visitors. Sufficient interior and exterior lighting is important.
- Damaged stairs and handrails - Stairways are some of the most dangerous areas in and around a building. When stairs are not properly maintained, they can cause substantial harm to an unsuspecting victim. Loose handrails can also result in serious injuries or even death.
- Cluttered aisles - A cluttered, debris-filled aisle may cause a devastating slip and fall accident. Store owners and other retailers should keep their aisles free of obstacles that could cause a safety hazard to their customers.
If you are injured in a slip and fall accident in Washington, you should speak to an attorney. An attorney can help you understand your rights and determine the best course of legal action.
Injured in a Slip and Fall Accident? Contact Our Office.
At Ranz Injury Law, we provide experienced representation for individuals who have been seriously injured in slip and fall accidents throughout Washington. Our lawyers have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of injury victims and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the results you deserve. Contact our office at (206) 429-5227 to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.